Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
"Eric Shattow "Eprecocious""

Default New firewire stack not working reliably for TI TSB82AA2 PCIE adapter

My laptop contains a built in Ricoh R5C832 rev05 firewire controller,
and also I have a PCI Express card "StarTech EC1394B2" with Texas
Instruments TSB82AA2 rev01 chipset. Both controllers are tested okay
working on an Ubuntu LiveCD environment (kernel 2.6.28-4-generic) and
the old firewire stack.

Now that I'm trying out Ubuntu 10.10 release and the kernel
2.6.35-22-generic, I find that sometimes data corruption happens with
the TI adapter.

Everything looks good when I try "dd if=/dev/zero bs=4k of=/dev/sdN
count=15". When there is a problem, then trying "dd if=/dev/zero bs=4k
of=/dev/sdN count=16" will fail.

I have tried capturing dmesg output but the errors are too many and I
don't get a full capture of the output.

What to do?