Old 10-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Mathieu Poirier

Default Sept 27th to Oct 4th (mpoirier)

=== bugs ===

- ftrace on ARM: Got the final patches for Rabin Vincent - integration
has started.

- b637947: Worked with TI and applied latest patches. Problems still
exist with alsa applying the configuration.

- IGEPv2 patches in Maverick: opened one bug per patch, applied and
generated a .deb for the community to test. Awaiting news from the
community.

- Investigated MAC address changing on every boot on panda. Getting MAC
address from u-boot variable may not be worth the effort since the board
has no NAND flash.

- b653002: TI suspect a sillicon bug - waiting to see what ES2.1 boards
will yield.

- Gumstix solution for video display - on hold.

- SGX530 graphic processor integration in N: on hold.

- b591941: On hold

=== Misc ===

- Meeting with Mobile team.

- Weekly call conference with TI.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:03 PM
"Jan, Sebastien"

Hi Mathieu,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Mathieu Poirier
<mathieu.poirier@canonical.com> wrote:

> - Investigated MAC address changing on every boot on panda. *Getting MAC
> address from u-boot variable may not be worth the effort since the board
> has no NAND flash.

You may already be aware of this, but just in case:
The pandaboard does not have eeprom for storing a MAC address, so a
different random address is attributed on each boot. I submitted the
following kernel patch to be able to force a MAC address thanks to a
kernel command line:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-maverick.git;a=commit;h=10f38b455e75b85f72e98786e5 518cf7b0324634

macaddr=01:23:45:67:89:AB should do the trick