Old 10-07-2010, 10:52 AM
David Henningsson

Default (upstream) SRU ALSA: hda - Apply ALC269 VAIO fix-up to all Sony laptops with ALC269

On 2010-10-07 11:01, Stefan Bader wrote:

On 10/07/2010 09:37 AM, David Henningsson wrote:

BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/655386
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/546769
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/648871
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/642892
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/637291
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/637291
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/598938

SRU Justification (and if that was needed for the Maverick one as well -
the same applies there):

Impact: Playback and/or recording not working on several new Sony Vaios.
Some report very faint sound, others no sound at all. I guess we get at
least one bug a week for Lucid on these machines.

Fix: Add fixup verbs to send to the codec.

Testcase: We ask users to install the latest snapshot, they report back
and it has fixed their problem.

Regression potential: very low as it only affects Sony Vaios with the
ALC269 chip.

This Lucid version of the patch also piggybacks a fix for Dell Inspiron
M101z, which is already in Maverick.

From the contents it looks ok to me. My only concern would be not to piggy-bag
patches.

Okay, here's a revised version that does not include anything for M101z.

If there are two separate patches upstream, then it is better to apply
them individually. That is also better when asking upstream stable about
including the patches (which we should do as well. did you?).

I intend to do so, assuming all goes well here.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic

Old 10-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Lee Jones

>> If there are two separate patches upstream, then it is better to apply
>> them individually. That is also better when asking upstream stable about
>> including the patches (which we should do as well. did you?).
>
> I intend to do so, assuming all goes well here.

Hi David,

Insure you read the these documents before you send your patches upstream.

They can be very picky about the way you present them.

For instance, they need to be sent in-line rather than as attachments.

Documentation/email-clients.txt
Documentation/SubmitChecklist
Documentation/SubmittingPatches

Hope this helps.