Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Stefan Bader

Default (upstream) SRU ALSA: hda - Apply ALC269 VAIO fix-up to all Sony laptops with ALC269

On 10/07/2010 09:37 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
> BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/655386
> BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/546769
> BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/648871
> BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/642892
> BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/637291
> BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/637291
> BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/598938
>
> SRU Justification (and if that was needed for the Maverick one as well -
> the same applies there):
>
> Impact: Playback and/or recording not working on several new Sony Vaios.
> Some report very faint sound, others no sound at all. I guess we get at
> least one bug a week for Lucid on these machines.
>
> Fix: Add fixup verbs to send to the codec.
>
> Testcase: We ask users to install the latest snapshot, they report back
> and it has fixed their problem.
>
> Regression potential: very low as it only affects Sony Vaios with the
> ALC269 chip.
>
> This Lucid version of the patch also piggybacks a fix for Dell Inspiron
> M101z, which is already in Maverick.

From the contents it looks ok to me. My only concern would be not to piggy-bag
patches. If there are two separate patches upstream, then it is better to apply
them individually. That is also better when asking upstream stable about
including the patches (which we should do as well. did you?).

-Stefan