Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
David Henningsson

Default (upstream) SRU ALSA: hda - Apply ALC269 VAIO fix-up to all Sony laptops with ALC269

BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/655386
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/546769
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/648871
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/642892
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/637291
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/637291
BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/598938

SRU Justification (and if that was needed for the Maverick one as well -
the same applies there):

Impact: Playback and/or recording not working on several new Sony Vaios.
Some report very faint sound, others no sound at all. I guess we get at
least one bug a week for Lucid on these machines.

Fix: Add fixup verbs to send to the codec.

Testcase: We ask users to install the latest snapshot, they report back
and it has fixed their problem.

Regression potential: very low as it only affects Sony Vaios with the
ALC269 chip.

This Lucid version of the patch also piggybacks a fix for Dell Inspiron
M101z, which is already in Maverick.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic