Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Bryan Wu

Default SRU: A fixing for default boot on HDMI with ES2.0

SRU Justification:

Impact: Some SYNC_LOST_DIGIT errors are still reported with some screens caused
by display underflows issues.

Fix: This patch fix this issue with the following x-loader patch.

Testcase: Tested the patched kernel and x-loader on Pandaboard ES2.1 board.
This issue is gone.

BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/655746

Note: Be careful that this patch has a dependency on a x-loader patch.
Both patches shall be integrated simultaneously.
http://gitorious.org/~rsalveti/pandaboard/rsalveti-x-loader/commit/71d0d1faf3c40a2c394c73869fc6030ca56b3d12

The following changes since commit 89785fd6f00862d3fbb76cd74b9c88c00f0164a0:
Tim Gardner (1):
UBUNTU: Ubuntu-2.6.35-903.14

are available in the git repository at:

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/roc/ubuntu-maverick ti-omap4

Mythri P K (1):
OMAP4SS:HDMI:Fix for default boot on HDMI with ES2.0

drivers/video/omap2/dss/dispc.c | 7 +++++++
drivers/video/omap2/dss/dss.h | 3 +++
drivers/video/omap2/dss/hdmi.c | 7 +++++++

Old 10-07-2010, 04:26 AM
Ricardo Salveti

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> sigh ... gmail ... forwarding to actually go to the kernel team list ...

Ok, it seems the fix is in as we got it at the kernel tree, but
probably missing the changelog entry because tgardner rebase it,
without updating the changes.

We can test tomorrow, but would be nice to have a confirmation from tgardner.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo