Old 10-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Tim Gardner

Default SRU: enable PCIEXP wakeup by clearing PCIEXP_WAKE_STS on resume

On 10/06/2010 01:22 PM, Colin King wrote:
> From: Colin Ian King<colin.king@canonical.com>
>
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact: It has been observed on a AMD K325 netbook that resumes hang in the
> BIOS if PCI Express ethernet is enabled on the 2nd or 3rd resume. Disabling
> the ethernet has shown that the resume works flawlessly. This has been tracked
> down to the fact that a PCI Express Wake event has occurred and the kernel
> is not clearing the PM1 PCIEXP_WAKE_STS bit when coming out of resume.
>
> Fix: Clearing PCIEXP_WAKE_STS on resume fixes the resume hang.
>
> Testcase: Without the patch, resume hangs in the BIOS after 2nd or 3rd resume.
> With the patch, resume works flawlessly everytime.
>
> Patch is from upstream commit 573b638158029898caf9470c8214b7ddd29751e3
>
> BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/613381
>
> Colin Ian King (1):
> ACPI: enable repeated PCIEXP wakeup by clearing PCIEXP_WAKE_STS on
> resume
>
> drivers/acpi/acpica/aclocal.h | 1 +

Given this is a clean cherry-pick from Linus' tree, have you Cc'd stable?

Acked-by: Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com>

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Stefan Bader

On 10/06/2010 01:22 PM, Colin King wrote:
> From: Colin Ian King <colin.king@canonical.com>
>
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact: It has been observed on a AMD K325 netbook that resumes hang in the
> BIOS if PCI Express ethernet is enabled on the 2nd or 3rd resume. Disabling
> the ethernet has shown that the resume works flawlessly. This has been tracked
> down to the fact that a PCI Express Wake event has occurred and the kernel
> is not clearing the PM1 PCIEXP_WAKE_STS bit when coming out of resume.
>
> Fix: Clearing PCIEXP_WAKE_STS on resume fixes the resume hang.
>
> Testcase: Without the patch, resume hangs in the BIOS after 2nd or 3rd resume.
> With the patch, resume works flawlessly everytime.
>
> Patch is from upstream commit 573b638158029898caf9470c8214b7ddd29751e3
>
> BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/613381
>
> Colin Ian King (1):
> ACPI: enable repeated PCIEXP wakeup by clearing PCIEXP_WAKE_STS on
> resume
>
> drivers/acpi/acpica/aclocal.h | 1 +

In essence the same question as Tim had, though I had been thinking you had.
Otherwise looks good.

Acked-by: Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com>