Old 10-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Tim Gardner

Default Lucid meta in pre-proposed

Is there a reason why we can't have a Lucid meta package in
pre-proposed? Otherwise its difficult to track ABI jumps in the Lucid
pre-proposed kernel. If we can't have 2 packages of the same name in 2
release pockets, then we'll likely have to have a separate pre-proposed
PPA for each release.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 10-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Andy Whitcroft

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:42:42PM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Is there a reason why we can't have a Lucid meta package in
> pre-proposed? Otherwise its difficult to track ABI jumps in the
> Lucid pre-proposed kernel. If we can't have 2 packages of the same
> name in 2 release pockets, then we'll likely have to have a separate
> pre-proposed PPA for each release.

Normally there should be one if we handle linux-meta correctly, but
someone needs to add the ABI bump into meta branch UNRELEASED. I
suspect we could handle it automatically with some work.

-apw

Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Stefan Bader

On 10/01/2010 09:33 AM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:42:42PM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
>> Is there a reason why we can't have a Lucid meta package in
>> pre-proposed? Otherwise its difficult to track ABI jumps in the
>> Lucid pre-proposed kernel. If we can't have 2 packages of the same
>> name in 2 release pockets, then we'll likely have to have a separate
>> pre-proposed PPA for each release.
>
> Normally there should be one if we handle linux-meta correctly, but
> someone needs to add the ABI bump into meta branch UNRELEASED. I
> suspect we could handle it automatically with some work.
>
> -apw

I must take the blame of pointing it out to people that there *should* be a meta
package for things but not following up with them on doing it or make someone do.

-Stefan

Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Tim Gardner

On 10/01/2010 01:46 AM, Stefan Bader wrote:
> On 10/01/2010 09:33 AM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:42:42PM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
>>> Is there a reason why we can't have a Lucid meta package in
>>> pre-proposed? Otherwise its difficult to track ABI jumps in the
>>> Lucid pre-proposed kernel. If we can't have 2 packages of the same
>>> name in 2 release pockets, then we'll likely have to have a separate
>>> pre-proposed PPA for each release.
>>
>> Normally there should be one if we handle linux-meta correctly, but
>> someone needs to add the ABI bump into meta branch UNRELEASED. I
>> suspect we could handle it automatically with some work.
>>
>> -apw
>
> I must take the blame of pointing it out to people that there *should* be a meta
> package for things but not following up with them on doing it or make someone do.
>
> -Stefan

Looks like its there now. Thanks.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com