-   -   SRU: Update to 2.6.32.23 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/432830-sru-update-2-6-32-23-a.html)

Brad Figg 09-28-2010 02:45 PM

SRU: Update to 2.6.32.23

SRU Justification

Impact:

The upstream process for stable tree updates is quite similar in scope
to the Ubuntu SRU process, e.g., each patch has to demonstrably fix a
bug, and each patch is vetted by upstream by originating either directly
from Linus' tree or in a minimally backported form of that patch.

The 2.6.32.23 upstream stable patch set is now available. It should be
included in the Ubuntu kernel as well.

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.32.23
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/patch-2.6.32.23.bz2

Test Case: TBD

Test kernels can be found at:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~bradf/linux-2.6.32.23

The following patches are in the 2.6.32.23 stable release:

* Linux 2.6.32.23
* x86: Add memory modify constraints to xchg() and cmpxchg()
* alpha: Fix printk format errors
* sis-agp: Remove SIS 760, handled by amd64-agp
* MIPS: Sibyte: Fix M3 TLB exception handler workaround.
* pata_pdc202xx_old: fix UDMA mode for PDC2026x chipsets
* pata_pdc202xx_old: fix UDMA mode for Promise UDMA33 cards
* MIPS: uasm: Add OR instruction.
* MIPS: Set io_map_base for several PCI bridges lacking it
* MIPS: Quit using undefined behavior of ADDU in 64-bit atomic operations.
* Input: add compat support for sysfs and /proc capabilities output
* inotify: fix inotify oneshot support
* hostap_pci: set dev->base_addr during probe
* gro: Fix bogus gso_size on the first fraglist entry
* clocksource: sh_tmu: compute mult and shift before registration
* dasd: use correct label location for diag fba disks
* asix: fix setting mac address for AX88772
* 3c503: Fix IRQ probing
* sctp: Do not reset the packet during sctp_packet_config().
* Fix unprotected access to task credentials in waitid()
* guard page for stacks that grow upwards
* mm: page allocator: update free page counters after pages are placed on the free list
* mm: page allocator: calculate a better estimate of NR_FREE_PAGES when memory is low and kswapd is awake
* mm: page allocator: drain per-cpu lists after direct reclaim allocation fails
* cxgb3: fix hot plug removal crash
* AT91: change dma resource index
* bnx2: Fix hang during rmmod bnx2.
* bnx2: Fix netpoll crash.
* ACPI: disable _OSI(Windows 2009) on Asus K50IJ
* drivers/video/via/ioctl.c: prevent reading uninitialized stack memory
* xfs: prevent reading uninitialized stack memory
* KEYS: Fix bug in keyctl_session_to_parent() if parent has no session keyring
* KEYS: Fix RCU no-lock warning in keyctl_session_to_parent()
* IA64: Optimize ticket spinlocks in fsys_rt_sigprocmask
* IA64: fix siglock
* ext4: Fix remaining racy updates of EXT4_I(inode)->i_flags
* SCSI: mptsas: fix hangs caused by ATA pass-through
* inotify: send IN_UNMOUNT events
* aio: check for multiplication overflow in do_io_submit
* percpu: fix pcpu_last_unit_cpu
* drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c: prevent reading uninitialized stack memory
* drivers/pci/intel-iommu.c: fix build with older gcc's
* char: Mark /dev/zero and /dev/kmem as not capable of writeback
* oprofile: Add Support for Intel CPU Family 6 / Model 22 (Intel Celeron 540)
* sched: Fix user time incorrectly accounted as system time on 32-bit
* pid: make setpgid() system call use RCU read-side critical section
* net/llc: make opt unsigned in llc_ui_setsockopt()
* Staging: vt6655: fix buffer overflow
* bonding: correctly process non-linear skbs
* drivers/net/eql.c: prevent reading uninitialized stack memory
* drivers/net/cxgb3/cxgb3_main.c: prevent reading uninitialized stack memory
* drivers/net/usb/hso.c: prevent reading uninitialized memory
* sparc64: Get rid of indirect p1275 PROM call buffer.
* r8169: fix mdio_read and update mdio_write according to hw specs
* r8169: fix random mdio_write failures
* UNIX: Do not loop forever at unix_autobind().
* tcp: Prevent overzealous packetization by SWS logic.
* rds: fix a leak of kernel memory
* net: Fix oops from tcp_collapse() when using splice()
* bridge: Clear INET control block of SKBs passed into ip_fragment().
* bridge: Clear IPCB before possible entry into IP stack
* tcp: fix three tcp sysctls tuning
* tcp: Combat per-cpu skew in orphan tests.
* tcp: select(writefds) don't hang up when a peer close connection
* irda: Correctly clean up self->ias_obj on irda_bind() failure.
* gro: Re-fix different skb headrooms
* gro: fix different skb headrooms
* sparc: Provide io{read,write}{16,32}be().
* USB: serial/mos*: prevent reading uninitialized stack memory
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@canonical.com http://www.canonical.com

Steve Conklin 09-28-2010 02:50 PM

SRU: Update to 2.6.32.23