Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Ike Panhc

Default UBUNTU: drm/i915: Support for another B43 device id

On 09/28/2010 05:15 PM, Stefan Bader wrote:
>> + agp_bridge->dev->device == PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_B43_1_HB ||
>> + agp_bridge->dev->device == PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_B43_1_HB ||
>
> Why does that add the same line twice? I assume IG is the internal graphics part
> and HB the host bridge? The rest seems to add the ids to the correct places (as
> far as one can tell).

Sorry, this is my fault. The second line is redundant. Will resend.

>> (dev)->pci_device == 0x2E22 ||
>> (dev)->pci_device == 0x2E32 ||
>> (dev)->pci_device == 0x2E42 ||
>> + (dev)->pci_device == 0x2E92 ||
>> (dev)->pci_device == 0x0042 ||
>> (dev)->pci_device == 0x0046)
>>
> It would be simpler to read if upstream had decided to stick with the defines
> rather than falling back to raw numbers, but that is like it is upstream. Just a
> thought.

I have this patch remade against karmic not cherry-picked because the drm/i915 has
been modified a lot from .31 to .36. I choose to follow .31 way so that the patch
can be smaller as it can.

On 09/28/2010 05:17 PM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:

> If this commit is in mainline we should be just cherry-picking this as
> an upstream patch. Though I see this upstream version is different. Is
> this therefore effectivly a backport to karmic ?

Since cherry-pick from upstream brings lots of conflicts, I think this is a backport
patch.