-   -   SRU: Update to DRM33.10 stable kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/430507-sru-update-drm33-10-stable-kernel.html)

Stefan Bader 09-22-2010 06:54 PM

SRU: Update to DRM33.10 stable kernel

SRU Justification

Impact: The upstream process for stable tree updates is quite similar in scope
to the Ubuntu SRU process, e.g., each patch has to demonstrably fix a bug, and
each patch is vetted by upstream by originating either directly from Linus' tree
or in a minimally backported form of that patch.
Lucid was released with the DRM subsystem updated to the 2.6.33 level because
2.6.32 was too unstable there. Until 2.6.33 went out of upstream support, we
picked the patches for DRM from this tree. After that we now keep an upstream
tree that continues that effort and selectively picks changes from more recent
stable kernels or upstream patches that been passing SRU criteria and review.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v2.6.32.22.10

TEST CASE: TBD

==========

The following 23 patches have been in 2.6.32.22.10:
* drm/radeon/kms/igp: sideport is AMD only
* drm/radeon/kms: flush HDP cache on GART table updates.
* drm/radeon/kms/r7xx: add workaround for hw issue with HDP flush
* drm/i915: Check overlay stride errata for i830 and i845
* drm/edid: Fix the HDTV hack sync adjustment
* drm/i915: Use RSEN instead of HTPLG for tfp410 monitor detection.
* i915: fix ironlake edp panel setup (v4)
* drm/radeon/kms: add additional quirk for Acer rv620 laptop
* drm/i915: fixup pageflip ringbuffer commands for i8xx
* drm/i915: i8xx also doesn't like multiple oustanding pageflips
* drm/i915/edp: Flush the write before waiting for PLLs
* drm/radeon/kms: disable MSI on IGP chips
* drm/radeon/kms: don't enable MSIs on AGP boards
* drm/radeon/kms: fix typo in radeon_compute_pll_gain
* drm/radeon/kms/DCE3+: switch pads to ddc mode when going i2c
* drm/radeon/kms: fix sideport detection on newer rs880 boards
* drm: stop information leak of old kernel stack.
* drm/i915: Don't touch PORT_HOTPLUG_EN in intel_dp_detect()
* drm/i915: Kill dangerous pending-flip debugging
* drm/radeon/kms: release AGP bridge at suspend
* drm/radeon/kms: initialize set_surface_reg reg for rs600 asic
* drm/radeon/kms: fix a regression on r7xx AGP due to the HDP flush fix
* Linux 2.6.32.22+drm33.10

The following patches slipped in as part or the 2.6.32.19 update and have been
skipped this time:
* drm/edid: Fix the HDTV hack sync adjustment
* drm/i915: Use RSEN instead of HTPLG for tfp410 monitor detection.

The following patch has been included in a security update and has been skipped:
* drm: stop information leak of old kernel stack.

The following patch had been applied pre-stable and was replaced by the upstream
version:
* drm/radeon/kms: initialize set_surface_reg reg for rs600 asic

A preview of the update can be found at:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=smb/ubuntu-lucid.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drm-next

Steve Conklin 09-28-2010 02:49 PM

Acked-by: Steve Conklin <sconklin@canonical.com>

Brad Figg 09-28-2010 03:06 PM