Old 09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Stefan Bader

Default SRU: Update to DRM33.8/9 stable kernel

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/linux/+bug/645444

SRU Justification

Impact: The upstream process for stable tree updates is quite similar in scope
to the Ubuntu SRU process, e.g., each patch has to demonstrably fix a bug, and
each patch is vetted by upstream by originating either directly from Linus' tree
or in a minimally backported form of that patch.
Lucid was released with the DRM subsystem updated to the 2.6.33 level because
2.6.32 was too unstable there. Until 2.6.33 went out of upstream support, we
picked the patches for DRM from this tree. After that we now keep an upstream
tree that continues that effort and selectively picks changes from more recent
stable kernels or upstream patches that been passing SRU criteria and review.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v2.6.32.17.9

TEST CASE: TBD

==========

The following 10 patches have been in DRM33.8:
* drm/i915: don't access FW_BLC_SELF on 965G
* drm/radeon/kms: add quirk for ASUS HD 3600 board
* drm/i915: gen3 page flipping fixes
* drm/i915: don't queue flips during a flip pending event
* drm/i915: Hold the spinlock whilst resetting unpin_work along error path
* drm/i915: handle shared framebuffers when flipping
* drm/i915: add PANEL_UNLOCK_REGS definition
* drm/i915: make sure eDP panel is turned on
* drm/i915: make sure we shut off the panel in eDP configs
* Linux 2.6.32.17+drm33.8

The following 2 patches have been in DRM33.9 (Revert because accidentally
applied twice):
* Revert "drm/radeon/kms: add quirk for ASUS HD 3600 board"
* Linux 2.6.32.17+drm33.9

The following patches had been applied pre-stable and have been replaced by the
upstream versions:
* drm/i915: add PANEL_UNLOCK_REGS definition
* drm/i915: make sure eDP panel is turned on
* drm/i915: make sure we shut off the panel in eDP configs

A preview of the patches applied to Lucid can be found at:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=smb/ubuntu-lucid.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drm-next

Old 09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Brad Figg

Acked-by: Brad Figg <brad.figg@canonical.com>