-   -   LP#546393 -- MacBook Pro liveCD boots to black screen (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/428387-lp-546393-macbook-pro-livecd-boots-black-screen.html)

Andy Whitcroft 09-17-2010 04:17 PM

LP#546393 -- MacBook Pro liveCD boots to black screen

It seems that the issues with Nouveau acceleration has not been sorted out
for the MacBook Pros and we need the following patches (forward ported)
still for Maverick. I have had kernels with this applied confirmed as
fixing by affected users.

For Maverick. As this is a liveCD boot issue we should include these
should we do another upload. Otherwise we need to release note the issue.

-apw

Christopher James Halse Rogers (2):
UBUNTU: SAUCE: Nouveau: Add quirk framework to disable acceleration
UBUNTU: SAUCE: Nouveau: Disable acceleration on MacBook Pros

drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_drv.c | 2 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_state.c | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++