On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 11:38 +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> On 2010-09-16 19:28, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 10:00 +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> >> BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/640254
> >> In some cases a magic processing coefficient is needed to enable
> >> the internal speaker on Dell M101z. According to Realtek, this
> >> processing coefficient is only present on ALC269vb.
> >> Btw, this time I have checked - it applies cleanly to the
> >> ubuntu-maverick git tree. :-)
> >> Signed-off-by: David Henningsson<firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Looks good to me. Also looks to be in Takashi's tree and Cc'd to
> > stable:
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commit;h=145a902bfeb1f89a41165bd2d1e633c e070bcb73
> > As we're now currently in Kernel Freeze for Maverick we now have to
> > abide by the Kernel SRU policy .
> Oh, just when you thought you had learned the rules, the rules change...:-(
This is usually the last step in terms of process for a development
cycle, so now you'll be well prepared for Natty
> In addition, I thought I would get away as long as it was Thursday
> anywhere in the world. Looks like I was wrong.
The release team has the final call and we were originally informed the
archive would freeze at 00:00 UTC Thursday. It actually ended up being
17:00 UTC on Thursday.
> > Care to add the SRU Justification
> > to the bug?
> I'm unsure whether it can be SRU justified. "Simple, obvious and short
> fixes or hardware enablement patches as long as the next release has not
> reached beta status." It is a simple hardware enablement patch, but what
> does "the next release" refer to here, Maverick or Natty?
In this case it would refer to Natty. But honestly, there are always
exceptions and if there's proper justification for the patch to be
applied to multiple previous releases, that can be considered on a case
by case basis.
> > We also need 2 additional Ack's before applying. Here's
> > mine.
> > Acked-by: Leann Ogasawara<email@example.com>
> > This might have the possibility of making it for Maverick's final
> > release should the kernel require uploading for a release critical bug
> > fix. Otherwise, it'll have to wait for one of the first post-release
> > SRU's.
> Anyway, as it has been applied upstream and cc:ed to stable, perhaps we
> should just let it wait for either the first SRU, or the upstream
> stable, whatever happens first.
The easiest approach for us would be to wait for this to come in through
upstream stable. If there is some urgency for this fix to be applied
sooner, then we can apply it as "pre-stable". Just let us know.
kernel-team mailing list