Old 09-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Amit Kucheria

Default libata: Add ALPM power state accounting to the AHCI driver

On 10 Sep 14, Leann Ogasawara wrote:

> > Yong Shen - is this patch faithful to the version released by Arjan?
>
> This looks like a modified verison of the patch which Arjan submitted
> upstream a while back, ie Nov 2009:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ide/43337
>
> Has there been any recent follow up to get this accepted upstream?
>
> > Since its not upstream I can't really tell. Otherwise this patch looks
> > OK since accounting is not on by default. Note that statistics gathering
> > within the PHY interrupt handler could have an impact on throughput.
> > This is definitely a SAUCE patch since its not upstream, and is likely
> > to suffer some edits before acceptance.
> >
> > Does Maverick have a version of powertop that uses any of these sysfs
> > entries?
> >
> > Acked-by: Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canoncial.com>

The confusion seems to stem from the fact that Yong got the patches from the
powertop git tree (where they are present as patch files).

So where available, an upstream verion should be applied. We should've done
our homework on this though.

Cheers,
Amit