Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Luke Yelavich

Default please update ffado version to 2.0.1

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 05:00:56AM EST, Manoj Iyer wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Maverick 10.10 will be switching to the latest firewire stack from legacy.
> The legacy stack will be available as a fall back, the switch is expected
> to take place in Alpha2 for 10.10 (July). I see that the current version
> of FFADO is release 2.0~rc1-0ubuntu2, on #ffado I was told that FFADO
> 2.0.1 ver should work well with the new firewire stack. Can we upgrade the
> package so that there wont be any breakage?

I don't think Andrew is involved in active package maintenance for ffado in Debian or Ubuntu at the moment, so I am happy to take care of this.

Luke

Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Luke Yelavich

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 09:50:24AM EST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 05:00:56AM EST, Manoj Iyer wrote:
> >
> > Andrew,
> >
> > Maverick 10.10 will be switching to the latest firewire stack from legacy.
> > The legacy stack will be available as a fall back, the switch is expected
> > to take place in Alpha2 for 10.10 (July). I see that the current version
> > of FFADO is release 2.0~rc1-0ubuntu2, on #ffado I was told that FFADO
> > 2.0.1 ver should work well with the new firewire stack. Can we upgrade the
> > package so that there wont be any breakage?
>
> I don't think Andrew is involved in active package maintenance for ffado in Debian or Ubuntu at the moment, so I am happy to take care of this.

Further to this, libffado is a sync from Debian, and I am pretty sure the auto sync process will run at least once prior to Debian Import Freeze, so we should pick this up automatically from Debian within the week. If we don't, I will file a sync request for it.

Luke

Old 06-30-2010, 03:10 PM

Luke,

we are ready to make the switch, what is the status on upgrading this
package ?

Cheers
--- manjo