Old 06-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Nicolas Pitre

Default First "Linaro kernel merge result of the moment" published

I just made available the first Linaro kernel merge result at the
following location:

http://git.linaro.org/?p=linux/arm_next.git;a=summary

[ The native Git protocol for cloning is not operational at the moment
so maybe announcing this now will increase pressure for having this
fixed more quickly. ]

The process we're experimenting at the moment for the production of this
kernel is described on this page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/M/ARMKernelVersionAlignment

Right now, this is a merge of:

- mainline 2.6.35-rc3

- Maverick Ubuntu-2.6.35-3.4

- RMK's ARM devel branch

- Catalin Marinas' ARM patches from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-2.6-cm.git

- and the kernel security features for ARM I've been working on lately
(stack protector, address space layout randomization)

There is no extra support for specific hardware target beyond what's
already included with the above. I expect this will change the next
time this tree is rebuilt (let me know if you have a tree that should be
considered for inclusion) but this initial announcement should at least
get the ball rolling.

Further improvements being considered:

- Include a file with details about what trees and versions were
included in the merge.

- Add references to each release with that info on a wiki page.

If you have any questions or comment please don't hesitate to ask me.

Nicolas