Old 06-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Tim Gardner

Default Update of "Kernel/Dev/HowtoReviewPullRequests" by brad-figg

On 06/09/2010 02:52 PM, Ubuntu Wiki wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ubuntu Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by brad-figg:
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/HowtoReviewPullRequests?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

> + 'Pull request email:'
> + {{{
> + The following changes since commit 88b50ff9b578518170f285b92542619ee80465ff:
> + Stefan Bader (1):
> + UBUNTU: Start new release
>
> + are available in the git repository at:
> +
> + git://kernel.ubuntu.com/bradf/ubuntu-lucid-wiki lp666xxx
> +
> + Brad Figg (1):
> + Minor change for wiki example
> +
> + debian.master/NOTES | 5 +----
> + 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
> + }}}
> +
> + 'xxx'
> {{{
> - cd<path to lucid kernel repo>
> + git clone git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-lucid.git
> + cd ubuntu-lucid
> git fetch
> - git checkout -b dove-import origin/mvl-dove
> + git checkout -b review-import origin/master
> - git fetch git://eric lpxy
> + git fetch git://kernel.ubuntu.com/bradf/ubuntu-lucid-wiki lp666xxx
> git reset --hard FETCH_HEAD
> }}}

When I review a pull request it generally goes something like this:

git fetch git://kernel.ubuntu.com/bradf/ubuntu-lucid-wiki lp666xxx
git log -p HEAD..FETCH_HEAD

If I like what I see I either cherry-pick the chosen commits, or in
simple cases 'git reset --hard FETCH_HEAD', then push.

If you're hunting for a merge base, then something is likely wrong. We
generally are not dealing with wildly divergent trees.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com