Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Lee Jones

Default UBUNTU: 'fdr editconfig' modification. Easily skip over unwanted menuconfigs.

> I guess Thunderbird needs training, see Documentation/email-clients.txt

Excellent, thanks.

> The idea is good. Yet not sure if it's better for fdr editconfig to
> accept a list
> of flavors to edit? i.e. fdr editconfig ti-omap

I made this patch out of need, as I was becoming fast fed-up with the
process whist working on a bug.

If you, or anyone else for that matter have any more suggestions, I'd be
glad to carry them out.

Naturally I'd have to have a chat with my supervisor first, as I believe
my workload is going to increase fairly rapidly over the upcoming
days/weeks.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Lee Jones

> A further improvement could be to add a higher level loop to ask if a certain
> arch configs should be entered. So,
>
> x86 configs. Edit? [y/n] N
> x86_64 configs. Edit? [y/n] N
> arm configs. Edit? [y/n] Y

This would complicate things a little.

The 'pre-loop' idea would consist of the same logic required for a full
menu system (my original edit).

The editconfig system has been sped-up ten-fold by this patch and I can
traverse to the menuconfig I need in seconds. Any more time-saving would
be non-trivial and non-significant in my opinion.

Kind regards,
Lee

Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Lee Jones