-   -   UBUNTU: hid-gyration does not support GYR4101US remote (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/379811-ubuntu-hid-gyration-does-not-support-gyr4101us-remote.html)

Chase Douglas 06-01-2010 12:37 PM

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 11:40 +0100, Lee Jones wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/584330
>
> The GYR4101US Gyration Media Center Remote is not currently
> supported by the
> hid-gyration driver. The device has USB ID 0c16:0008. Without
> hid-gyration
> support, many of the buttons on the remote do not function.

This is a perfect example of a patch that should be sent upstream to
stable@kernel.org. Device ID additions have very low regression
potential (though I did manage to cause one with an ALPS ID
addition :) ). Please see Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt in the
kernel source for instructions on how to do this. Feel free to ask any
questions about the exact form of your submission, and Stefan would be a
great resource for verification as he has talked directly with gregkh
about the preferred submission format.

-- Chase