The -lowlatency kernel flavour as replacement for -preempt one's
Dear Ubuntu Kernel Team,
I have just placed the -lowlatency kernel flavour at
http://people.ubuntu.com/~abogani/ for review.
This flavour has got the follow features:
1) It is named -lowlatency because it seems meaningful for a lot of
more people than -preempt.
2) It use the same -generic source code so it don't change not even
one life of code
3) So only configuration is changed in respect of -generic. That
configuration is also aligned with -rt/-realtime kernel flavour for
offer a coherent set of linux kernels for low latency environments.
4) It is available for both amd64 and i386 systems (PAE also) as
requested by Ubuntu Studio community
5) It offers udebs as requested by Ubuntu Studio community
6) It weigh only ~2,3 MB (indeed it is built using linux-source-2.6.XX
package). I hope that this make Archive Admins happy.
7) It should be placed into Universe component
8) Meta package is also available.
Please let me know your comments!
kernel-team mailing list