Old 05-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Chase Douglas

Default Sync HID MT drivers to 2.6.34

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS was released with a 2.6.32 kernel with backports of
some multitouch HID drivers from a 2.6.34 release candidate. For a
better base of support through the life of this release, it is best to
backport the remaining 2.6.34 multitouch changes to 10.04 LTS now that
2.6.34 has been released upstream. The following patches in this series
are either low touch changes or have been confirmed by the driver author
to be stable.

Jiri Kosina (2):
HID: remove MODULE_VERSION from new drivers
HID: ntrig: explain firmware quirk

Rafi Rubin (3):
HID: ntrig: Emit TOUCH with DOUBLETAP for single touch
HID: ntrig: TipSwitch for single touch mode touch.
HID: ntrig: Remove unused macro, TripleTap and QuadTap

Stephane Chatty (1):
HID: fix N-trig touch panel with recent firmware

drivers/hid/hid-3m-pct.c | 1 -
drivers/hid/hid-mosart.c | 1 -
drivers/hid/hid-ntrig.c | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------
drivers/hid/hid-quanta.c | 1 -
drivers/hid/hid-stantum.c | 1 -

-- Chase

Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Stefan Bader

Overall those look ok. Not exactly falling into the usual SRU policy rules,
though we are already away from the 2.6.32 code because of $DEITY intervention,
so I think as its confined to one driver we could use rule #5. So ACK from me.

Colin, could we get your agreement on that set?

-Stefan

On 05/24/2010 03:54 PM, Chase Douglas wrote:
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS was released with a 2.6.32 kernel with backports of
> some multitouch HID drivers from a 2.6.34 release candidate. For a
> better base of support through the life of this release, it is best to
> backport the remaining 2.6.34 multitouch changes to 10.04 LTS now that
> 2.6.34 has been released upstream. The following patches in this series
> are either low touch changes or have been confirmed by the driver author
> to be stable.
>
> Jiri Kosina (2):
> HID: remove MODULE_VERSION from new drivers
Only affects informational output.

> HID: ntrig: explain firmware quirk
Adds a comment to explain Stephanes quirk.

> Rafi Rubin (3):
> HID: ntrig: Emit TOUCH with DOUBLETAP for single touch
Mostly seems to move things around. Does it fix and issue, too?

> HID: ntrig: TipSwitch for single touch mode touch.
Would read as a regression fix to me.

> HID: ntrig: Remove unused macro, TripleTap and QuadTap
Removes code which is explained to be wrong.

> Stephane Chatty (1):
> HID: fix N-trig touch panel with recent firmware
Looks like a very specific test and action.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Tim Gardner

On 05/24/2010 07:54 AM, Chase Douglas wrote:
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS was released with a 2.6.32 kernel with backports of
> some multitouch HID drivers from a 2.6.34 release candidate. For a
> better base of support through the life of this release, it is best to
> backport the remaining 2.6.34 multitouch changes to 10.04 LTS now that
> 2.6.34 has been released upstream. The following patches in this series
> are either low touch changes or have been confirmed by the driver author
> to be stable.
>
> Jiri Kosina (2):
> HID: remove MODULE_VERSION from new drivers
> HID: ntrig: explain firmware quirk
>
> Rafi Rubin (3):
> HID: ntrig: Emit TOUCH with DOUBLETAP for single touch
> HID: ntrig: TipSwitch for single touch mode touch.
> HID: ntrig: Remove unused macro, TripleTap and QuadTap
>
> Stephane Chatty (1):
> HID: fix N-trig touch panel with recent firmware
>
> drivers/hid/hid-3m-pct.c | 1 -
> drivers/hid/hid-mosart.c | 1 -
> drivers/hid/hid-ntrig.c | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------
> drivers/hid/hid-quanta.c | 1 -
> drivers/hid/hid-stantum.c | 1 -
>
> -- Chase

Given that these patches bring multitouch HID up to 2.6.34:

Acked-by: Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com>

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 06-07-2010, 12:57 PM