-   -   Enable Maverick Config Options as Modules (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/375304-enable-maverick-config-options-modules.html)

Leann Ogasawara 05-24-2010 05:57 AM

Enable Maverick Config Options as Modules

During the UDS Maverick kernel config review session [1], we identified
a few config options which we thought should be enabled as modules. The
following set of patches enable these options. I have ran test builds
across all the archs to ensure these changes do not cause any build
failures.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Specs/KernelMaverickConfigReview

Leann Ogasawara (6):
UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_CEPH_FS=m
UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_PCRYPT=m
UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_EEEPC_WMI=m
UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_RT2800PCI=m
UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_SCSI_HPSA=m
UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_VHOST_NET=m

debian.master/config/config.common.ports | 14 +++++++++-----
debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu | 16 ++++++++++------

Andy Whitcroft 05-24-2010 08:40 AM

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:57:15PM -0700, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> During the UDS Maverick kernel config review session [1], we identified
> a few config options which we thought should be enabled as modules. The
> following set of patches enable these options. I have ran test builds
> across all the archs to ensure these changes do not cause any build
> failures.
>
> Thanks,
> Leann
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Specs/KernelMaverickConfigReview
>
> Leann Ogasawara (6):
> UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_CEPH_FS=m
> UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_PCRYPT=m
> UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_EEEPC_WMI=m
> UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_RT2800PCI=m
> UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_SCSI_HPSA=m
> UBUNTU: [Config] Enable CONFIG_VHOST_NET=m
>
> debian.master/config/config.common.ports | 14 +++++++++-----
> debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu | 16 ++++++++++------

Matches my memory of the session. Slam it in.

Acked-by: Andy Whitcroft <apw@canonical.com>

-apw