Old 05-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Daniel Chen

Default Loading uinput module by default in 10.10 for bluetooth devices?

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Jerone Young
<jerone.young@canonical.com> wrote:
> * * * *I wanted to see if anyone knew anything bad about uinput kernel
> module?

I've based some things on http://codegrove.org/python-uinput/, but
that isn't kernelspace.

> * * * *-) Have the bluetoothd init script try to load it

This approach is preferable to the /etc/modules one. There is
precedent (albeit possibly icky) in the cups initscript.

Best,
-Dan

Old 05-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Chase Douglas

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 15:42 -0400, Daniel Chen wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Jerone Young
> <jerone.young@canonical.com> wrote:
> > I wanted to see if anyone knew anything bad about uinput kernel
> > module?
>
> I've based some things on http://codegrove.org/python-uinput/, but
> that isn't kernelspace.
>
> > -) Have the bluetoothd init script try to load it
>
> This approach is preferable to the /etc/modules one. There is
> precedent (albeit possibly icky) in the cups initscript.

I also use this approach in my rinputd server application. You can find
the code in the do_start function of my init script at:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~chasedouglas/rinput/debian/annotate/head:/debian/rinputd.init

I don't know if this is the "preferred" way or not, but it gets the job
done .

-- Chase

Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Jerone Young

Thanks Chase,

I basically took what you did and proposed it here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/584812

Thanks,
Jerone