Old 05-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Tim Gardner

Default LTS Backport preview (V2)

Here is the second preview of the backported Maverick kernel to Lucid.

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick

Note the helper script debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master

These bits are built in my PPA at
http://launchpad.net/~timg-tpi/+archive/ppa/

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 05-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Robert Hooker

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com> wrote:
> Here is the second preview of the backported Maverick kernel to Lucid.
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick
>
> Note the helper script debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master
>
> These bits are built in my PPA at
> http://launchpad.net/~timg-tpi/+archive/ppa/
>
> rtg
> --
> Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

What are the plans for nouveau here with these kernels? nouveau
userspace in lucid is completely unable to work with a kernel >
2.6.33.x and if libdrm/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau are updated to work
on the newer kernel it will not work on the older kernels anymore.

Robert Hooker

Old 05-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Tim Gardner

On 05/21/2010 09:12 AM, Robert Hooker wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Tim Gardner<tim.gardner@canonical.com> wrote:
>> Here is the second preview of the backported Maverick kernel to Lucid.
>>
>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick
>>
>> Note the helper script debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master
>>
>> These bits are built in my PPA at
>> http://launchpad.net/~timg-tpi/+archive/ppa/
>>
>> rtg
>> --
>> Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com
>>
>> --
>>

> What are the plans for nouveau here with these kernels? nouveau
> userspace in lucid is completely unable to work with a kernel>
> 2.6.33.x and if libdrm/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau are updated to work
> on the newer kernel it will not work on the older kernels anymore.
>
> Robert Hooker

As stated in the blueprint I only intend to support server related
userspace applications.

However, I am currently running this kernel on my nVidia/nouveau laptop
with no noticeable issues.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com