Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Eric Miao

Default Revert "UBUNTU: SAUCE: Don't register vga16fb framebuffer if other framebuffers are present"

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Chase Douglas
<chase.douglas@canonical.com> wrote:
> This reverts commit a3ce60db76c222c030b5837112e779b8630d0746.
>
> This was a one-time fix for Lucid because we will not be using vga16fb
> in Maverick. Thus, we should drop it.

Just wondering, since some one from OEM team noted that vga16fb being always
loaded, and I asked smb/apw for a little bit about this. By not
removing MODULE_ALIAS
and keep vga16fb as a module will still get this loaded (and fb
registered) by default.

And I'm curious how this is solved in Maverick by not using vga16fb (I know the
screen can be setup by grub but we still need a fb there?)