Old 05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Conor Curran

Default Audio application list

Hi folks,

I mentioned to Brad and Daniel that I would start a wiki page about the
state of play of audio applications available in the distro and pulse.
Basically we should try to identify which applications need a pulse
backend and what others can really only work with Jack. I intend to
start on Terminator X when I get back from holidays (2 weeks time).

Brad shall I put this page here /Audio/Applications ?

It can also act as document to inform about jack2 and pulse which is
coming up for Maverick.

Conor

Old 05-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Daniel Chen

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Conor Curran
<conor.curran@canonical.com> wrote:
> It can also act as document to inform about jack2 and pulse which is
> coming up for Maverick.

It's worth noting the relevant bits from Lennart's blog, too:
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/when-pa-and-when-not.html

Best,
-Dan

Old 05-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Brad Figg

On 05/19/2010 06:33 AM, Conor Curran wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I mentioned to Brad and Daniel that I would start a wiki page about the
> state of play of audio applications available in the distro and pulse.
> Basically we should try to identify which applications need a pulse
> backend and what others can really only work with Jack. I intend to
> start on Terminator X when I get back from holidays (2 weeks time).
>
> Brad shall I put this page here /Audio/Applications ?
>
> It can also act as document to inform about jack2 and pulse which is
> coming up for Maverick.
>
> Conor

Conor,

Yes, I think that's a good location for this info.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@canonical.com http://www.canonical.com