Old 05-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Sune Mølgaard

Default Source packages at the ppa

What happens to the build of the source packages? For a long time now,
they have been invalid (being in the 2Kb size range), and I need to
build my own with a more fine-grained timer frequency in order to use
qemu (which should be looked into on the part of the qemu guys)...

Best regards,

Sune "Fjodor" Mølgaard

Old 05-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Alessio Igor Bogani

Hi,

2010/5/18 Sune Mølgaard <sune@molgaard.org>:
[...]
> build my own with a more fine-grained timer frequency in order to use
> qemu (which should be looked into on the part of the qemu guys)...

What is exactly the timer frequency requested?

Ciao,
Alessio

Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Sune Mølgaard

Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/5/18 Sune Mølgaard<sune@molgaard.org>:
> [...]
>> build my own with a more fine-grained timer frequency in order to use
>> qemu (which should be looked into on the part of the qemu guys)...
>
> What is exactly the timer frequency requested?
>
> Ciao,
> Alessio

As far as I've been able to find out via google, 250Hz should be fine.

Ciao,

Sune

Old 05-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Daniel Chen

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Sune Mølgaard <sune@molgaard.org> wrote:
> As far as I've been able to find out via google, 250Hz should be fine.

Would not booting with "nohz" suffice? 250 is the default.

Best,
-Dan

Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Sune Mølgaard

Daniel Chen wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Sune Mølgaard<sune@molgaard.org> wrote:
>> As far as I've been able to find out via google, 250Hz should be fine.
>
> Would not booting with "nohz" suffice? 250 is the default.
>
> Best,
> -Dan

Sadly, booting with nohz=on makes no difference (not surprised, though -
documentation says that this is the default) :-(

Best,

Sune