Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Tim Gardner

Default Maverick LTS backport preview

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick

See helper script debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master for
automation help. Thoughts?

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 05-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Andy Whitcroft

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:25:58AM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick
>
> See helper script debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master
> for automation help. Thoughts?

I think we decided that although the source package name is unique, the
binary package names are not. Therefore if you just mush this to
linux-maverick in lucid-proposed we will end up building binary packages
in lucid and maverick with the same names:

linux-image-2.6.32-15-generic_2.6.34-2.9

I believe this will cause issues in the archive. I think were leaning
towards appending ~lucid1 to the end of the version number as well to
stop this?

I do wonder if we should just ignore the ABI tracking always for these
kernels. We know if we needed a bump we have one as we handled it for
the original maverick version. If we were willing to do that I recon
we actually could just make this automated.

I see you copy a lot of stuff over to debian.maverick, I assume this
is to maintain the branch config is in debian.<branch> semantics? But I
do not see you changing debian.env to match. Perhaps we could do this
more like:

git mv debian.master debian.maverick
echo "DEBIAN=debian.maverick" >debian/debian.env
git add debian/debian.env

-apw