Old 01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Gary Thomas

Default NFS install failure

Gary Thomas wrote:

Chris Lumens wrote:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 986, in <module>
kickstart.processKickstartFile(anaconda, opts.ksfile)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 879, in
processKickstartFile

ksparser.readKickstart(file)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart/parser.py",
line 675, in readKickstart

self._stateMachine (lambda: fh.readline())
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart/parser.py",
line 553, in _stateMachine

self.handleCommand(lineno, args)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 831, in handleCommand
KickstartParser.handleCommand(self, lineno, args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart/parser.py",
line 407, in handleCommand

self.handler.dispatcher(args, lineno)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart/base.py", line
321, in dispatcher

self.commands[cmd].parse(args[1:])
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 488, in parse
fsprofile = pd.fsprofile)
AttributeError: FC4_PartData instance has no attribute 'fsprofile'

This will be fixed in the next build of anaconda. Thanks.

Could you send me the patch(es)? I have to build anaconda
myself (other reasons because I'm working with a non-standard
embedded platform) anyway.

I picked up the latest code from GIT and rebuilt. Now, I get
a bit farther (no Python exceptions), but it fails on this
line in my kickstart file:
clearpart --linux --drives=sda

The message (which is not in the log BTW) is:
Specified nonexistent disk sda in clearpart command.

This drive is definitely there - see attached /proc/partitions
Any ideas? All I'm trying to do is get a headless replay of
an install I did a few days ago...

The attached log shows why this is failing - my disks are
registered with the HAL, but the block device has not been
created. Don't know why.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Chris Lumens

> The attached log shows why this is failing - my disks are
> registered with the HAL, but the block device has not been
> created. Don't know why.

Is udevd running?

- Chris

Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Gary Thomas

Gary Thomas wrote:

Chris Lumens wrote:

The attached log shows why this is failing - my disks are
registered with the HAL, but the block device has not been
created. Don't know why.

Is udevd running?

Yes

Note: this seems to be new? I just looked at the setup
in the original Fedora 8 tree and there is no udev in the
loader environment.

I tried to capture the udev output (udevd --daemon log_level=debug)
but those messages seem to have gotten lost. Any clues how I
can further debug this?

Old 01-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Gary Thomas

Gary Thomas wrote:

Gary Thomas wrote:

Chris Lumens wrote:

The attached log shows why this is failing - my disks are
registered with the HAL, but the block device has not been
created. Don't know why.

Is udevd running?

Yes

Note: this seems to be new? I just looked at the setup
in the original Fedora 8 tree and there is no udev in the
loader environment.

I tried to capture the udev output (udevd --daemon log_level=debug)
but those messages seem to have gotten lost. Any clues how I
can further debug this?

More data - it seems that post 11.4.0.12, anaconda requires
a newer version of udev ( > 116). This was at least part of
my problem (I dropped a new anaconda and all it said it needed
into stock Fedora 8 which only has udev 116)

Now, my 'sd' devices are built, but the 'hal' scan in minihal.py
fails to find *any* devices at all :-(

Does this work for anyone? Should I just go back to 11.3.0.50?

Old 01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Gary Thomas

Gary Thomas wrote:

Gary Thomas wrote:

Gary Thomas wrote:

Chris Lumens wrote:

[...]

Problem #N - udev.118 doesn't run with my (arguably outdated by
I can't upgrade it today) kernel (2.6.20)

I backed up to udev.116 and got farther by making mk-images
aware of the different layouts (udev.116 has independent programs
for udevsettle, etc, whereas udev.118 has udevadm for everything)