Old 05-17-2010, 05:44 PM
"Peter M. Petrakis"

Default lp 551234, SRU fix candidate for -32

Resending per IRC conversation. I'd like to target lucid
for this. We're already seeing systems were the same
fix needs to be applied. We'll have to continue using DKMS
in the meanwhile.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ef110b24e28f36620f63dab94708a17 c7e267358

Peter

Old 05-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Stefan Bader

On 05/17/2010 07:44 PM, Peter M. Petrakis wrote:
> Resending per IRC conversation. I'd like to target lucid
> for this. We're already seeing systems were the same
> fix needs to be applied. We'll have to continue using DKMS
> in the meanwhile.
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ef110b24e28f36620f63dab94708a17 c7e267358
>
> Peter

Maybe I was confusing on IRC. There are two sides to this. For us (Ubuntu) its
good to know about the DKMS side and we need to make sure how to handle the
removal of it later.
For Dmitry that information is not that interesting (not to say useless ). But
he needs to be cc'ed on the mail that needs to e sent to stable@kernel.org to
let this fix be picked up for stable kernels (if this sounds reasonable to
Dmitry of course). We believe its useful stable material, but his is the final
call. Greg (==stable@kernel.org) prefers upstream commits that have a Cc: to
stable in the s-o-b area, but for promotions like this it helps to send him a
git format-patch style patch that has the

commit f110b24e28f36620f63dab94708a17c7e267358 upstream

added to the top of the description and the patch being cc'ed to the s-o-b list
(in that case only one line).

-Stefan

Old 05-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Stefan Bader

On 05/17/2010 08:44 PM, Stefan Bader wrote:
> On 05/17/2010 07:44 PM, Peter M. Petrakis wrote:
>> Resending per IRC conversation. I'd like to target lucid
>> for this. We're already seeing systems were the same
>> fix needs to be applied. We'll have to continue using DKMS
>> in the meanwhile.
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ef110b24e28f36620f63dab94708a17 c7e267358
>>
>> Peter
>>
> Maybe I was confusing on IRC. There are two sides to this. For us (Ubuntu) its
> good to know about the DKMS side and we need to make sure how to handle the
> removal of it later.
> For Dmitry that information is not that interesting (not to say useless ). But
> he needs to be cc'ed on the mail that needs to e sent to stable@kernel.org to
> let this fix be picked up for stable kernels (if this sounds reasonable to
> Dmitry of course). We believe its useful stable material, but his is the final
> call. Greg (==stable@kernel.org) prefers upstream commits that have a Cc: to
> stable in the s-o-b area, but for promotions like this it helps to send him a
> git format-patch style patch that has the
>
> commit f110b24e28f36620f63dab94708a17c7e267358 upstream
>
> added to the top of the description and the patch being cc'ed to the s-o-b list
> (in that case only one line).
>
> -Stefan

Oh I forgot: adding kernel-team@ to that upstream mail to Greg is just the
selfish reason to know when you asked as I do not receive those.

-Stefan