Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default hi, should i introduce myself?

rob day, *very* new to ubuntu but i've dabbled in the kernel for a
while now, most recently as the technical editor for the upcoming
book, "linux kernel development (3rd ed)," by robert love. someone on
the ubuntu users list suggested i might be useful as a kernel resource
so ... here i am.

i just yesterday (for my own benefit) wrote and posted a page at my
wiki on how to build a new kernel for ubuntu 10.04 from scratch:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/New_kernel_on_Ubuntu_10.04

so you're welcome to steal what you want. and is this where i'd
mention kernel behaviour oddities? thanks.

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 05-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Andy Whitcroft

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 01:40:29PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> rob day, *very* new to ubuntu but i've dabbled in the kernel for a
> while now, most recently as the technical editor for the upcoming
> book, "linux kernel development (3rd ed)," by robert love. someone on
> the ubuntu users list suggested i might be useful as a kernel resource
> so ... here i am.
>
> i just yesterday (for my own benefit) wrote and posted a page at my
> wiki on how to build a new kernel for ubuntu 10.04 from scratch:
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/New_kernel_on_Ubuntu_10.04
>
> so you're welcome to steal what you want. and is this where i'd
> mention kernel behaviour oddities? thanks.

We are always pleased to have new blood helping out. Probabally the
best thing to do is come find us on IRC #ubuntu-kernel on FreeNODE. We
mostly hang out there, chat, and discuss kernel issues. Though we will
be thin on the ground through next monday due to UDS Maverick which has
almost all of our focus this week.

Hope to see you there.

-apw