Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Chase Douglas

Default Touch analysis

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:35 AM, Rafi Rubin <rafi@seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Anyway, if you want to adopt those patches (for the ppa, not the main kernel), I
> don't think it will hurt, but you might need to roll them back later.

I found Jiri's ntrig branch of his HID tree, so I was able to grab the
changes directly from there. It's nice to have an extra review by
Jiri, and he seems to be keeping up fairly well with development. The
changes have been uploaded as version 1.3 of the multitouch package to
ppa:chasedouglas/multitouch, and the source changes have been pushed
to git://kernel.ubuntu.com/cndougla/multitouch.git.

I'd also like to go over a few details of how we merge changes into my
PPA, 10.04 LTS, and Maverick. For the PPA, I would be happy to throw
in anything you want to try out. If you have patches that you are
unsure of, and you'd like some more testing, you can send me patches
and I'll merge them. We can elicit testing through these mailing lists
or through ubuntu-devel depending on how much testing is warranted.

For Maverick and 10.04 LTS, I would like to merge patches directly
from at least Jiri's HID repo, with guidance from you. Feel free to
send me an e-mail (CC'd to multitouch-devel and kernel-team) when you
want me to grab patches, and I'll probably ping you every once in a
while as well to ensure we keep in sync. I would also suggest running
the daily pre-proposed kernel builds when we start merging changes
into 10.04 LTS so you can find issues before they are even put into
the lucid-proposed repository. Does this sound good to you?

For the patches I just pulled, please let me know when you are
comfortable proposing them for a merge into 10.04 LTS and Maverick.

Thanks,

-- Chase

Old 05-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Bryce Harrington

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 02:44:14PM +0200, Chase Douglas wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:35 AM, Rafi Rubin <rafi@seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> > Anyway, if you want to adopt those patches (for the ppa, not the main kernel), I
> > don't think it will hurt, but you might need to roll them back later.
>
> I found Jiri's ntrig branch of his HID tree, so I was able to grab the
> changes directly from there. It's nice to have an extra review by
> Jiri, and he seems to be keeping up fairly well with development. The
> changes have been uploaded as version 1.3 of the multitouch package to
> ppa:chasedouglas/multitouch, and the source changes have been pushed
> to git://kernel.ubuntu.com/cndougla/multitouch.git.

Chase and I installed this kernel on my XT2 to test, they seem to have
eliminated some stuttering that I've noticed periodically when using the
mt_test.py test script.

Bryce