Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Default rtl8192se in staging, firmware in woodhouse tree?

Roger,

Any plans on getting this into gkh staging tree? Last time I had a brief
chat with gkh he mentioned that the only criteria required to get stuff
into his staging was that it compiled cleanly. Looks like there are a few
popular laptops (asus, lenovo) shipping with this wifi. Ubuntu is carrying
this driver under ubuntu/ directory in our kernel, ubuntu/ where we put
all the drivers that are not upstream and not in staging yet, but is
openly available. Also, the firmware needs to go into woodhouse tree.

Please let us know if this is something that will happen in 10.10 time
frame (ie next 4 months).

Cheers
--- manjo

Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Chase Douglas

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM, <manoj.iyer@canonical.com> wrote:
> Roger,
>
> Any plans on getting this into gkh staging tree? Last time I had a brief
> chat with gkh he mentioned that the only criteria required to get stuff
> into his staging was that it compiled cleanly. Looks like there are a few
> popular laptops (asus, lenovo) shipping with this wifi. Ubuntu is carrying
> this driver under ubuntu/ directory in our kernel, ubuntu/ where we put
> all the drivers that are not upstream and not in staging yet, but is
> openly available. Also, the firmware needs to go into woodhouse tree.

The firmware is already in Woodhouse's tree. Gkh grabbed it from
realtek's web site, and I cherry picked his commit to our
linux-firmware tree. You can find the commit at:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git;a=commit;h=a9799c6dbb173b98215fad9abb 3eb6f4d47a188c

Thanks,

-- Chase

Old 05-06-2010, 09:07 PM