Old 05-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Andy Whitcroft

Default LP#576274 -- fix FTBS for ti-omap

We are currently unable to build the ti-omap tree due to some ABI entries
which are not in the expected form. This is both a bug in the abi-check
checker which should not croak and die on them, and a bug in the ti-omap
configuration which does not have the required options set. This patch
set fixes both of these. I will address adding this to the enforcer in
a separate patch.

-apw

Andy Whitcroft (2):
UBUNTU: abi-check -- be more forgiving of the ABI element type
UBUNTU: [Config] enable CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS

debian.ti-omap/config/config.common.ubuntu | 2 +-
debian/scripts/abi-check | 4 ++--

Old 05-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Stefan Bader

Patches look reasonable.

Acked-by: Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com>

Old 05-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Colin Ian King

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 10:08 +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> We are currently unable to build the ti-omap tree due to some ABI entries
> which are not in the expected form. This is both a bug in the abi-check
> checker which should not croak and die on them, and a bug in the ti-omap
> configuration which does not have the required options set. This patch
> set fixes both of these. I will address adding this to the enforcer in
> a separate patch.
>
> -apw
>
> Andy Whitcroft (2):
> UBUNTU: abi-check -- be more forgiving of the ABI element type
> UBUNTU: [Config] enable CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS
>
> debian.ti-omap/config/config.common.ubuntu | 2 +-
> debian/scripts/abi-check | 4 ++--

Patches look like they address the issue. Bug comment
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ti-omap/+bug/576274/comments/1
mentioned point 3 "get CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS into the enforcer
configuration". I didn't see that one in this fix. Is this to be applied
later, or am I missing something?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Andy Whitcroft

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 04:16:29PM +0100, Colin Ian King wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 10:08 +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> > We are currently unable to build the ti-omap tree due to some ABI entries
> > which are not in the expected form. This is both a bug in the abi-check
> > checker which should not croak and die on them, and a bug in the ti-omap
> > configuration which does not have the required options set. This patch
> > set fixes both of these. I will address adding this to the enforcer in
> > a separate patch.
> >
> > -apw
> >
> > Andy Whitcroft (2):
> > UBUNTU: abi-check -- be more forgiving of the ABI element type
> > UBUNTU: [Config] enable CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS
> >
> > debian.ti-omap/config/config.common.ubuntu | 2 +-
> > debian/scripts/abi-check | 4 ++--
> > 2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
> >

> Patches look like they address the issue. Bug comment
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ti-omap/+bug/576274/comments/1
> mentioned point 3 "get CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS into the enforcer
> configuration". I didn't see that one in this fix. Is this to be applied
> later, or am I missing something?

That will come later as mentioned in the 0/N, as the fix needs to go
onto the master branch and get into this branch via copying.

-apw

Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Colin Ian King

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 17:26 +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 04:16:29PM +0100, Colin Ian King wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 10:08 +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> > > We are currently unable to build the ti-omap tree due to some ABI entries
> > > which are not in the expected form. This is both a bug in the abi-check
> > > checker which should not croak and die on them, and a bug in the ti-omap
> > > configuration which does not have the required options set. This patch
> > > set fixes both of these. I will address adding this to the enforcer in
> > > a separate patch.
> > >
> > > -apw
> > >
> > > Andy Whitcroft (2):
> > > UBUNTU: abi-check -- be more forgiving of the ABI element type
> > > UBUNTU: [Config] enable CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS
> > >
> > > debian.ti-omap/config/config.common.ubuntu | 2 +-
> > > debian/scripts/abi-check | 4 ++--
> > > 2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
> > >

> > Patches look like they address the issue. Bug comment
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ti-omap/+bug/576274/comments/1
> > mentioned point 3 "get CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS into the enforcer
> > configuration". I didn't see that one in this fix. Is this to be applied
> > later, or am I missing something?
>
> That will come later as mentioned in the 0/N, as the fix needs to go
> onto the master branch and get into this branch via copying.
Sorry, my failure to read 0/N properly. doh.

Acked-by: Colin King <colin.king@canonical.com>