Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Tim Gardner

Default RTL8192SE

On 05/04/2010 02:05 AM, Joseph Cooper wrote:
> Hi Tim,
> I see you have done a lot of work with the bug reports regarding the
> RTL8192se Wi/Fi driver. I formatted my HD and installed Ubuntu 32bit on
> my Toshiba Satellite A505-6004 then installed the proposed kernel you
> had modified (2.6.32-22-generic-pae)
>
> Unfortunately my wi/fi still does not see any networks. Would you be
> able to assist?
> I know the toggle switch for the wi/fi is on because it works in Win7
> Also there are many secure and unsecure access points in my
> neighborhood. Unfortunately none are being seen.
>
> If this is the incorrect way to go about getting help with this I
> apologize.
>
> Thanks for all you do!

The rtl8192se driver is direct from the vendor, and as such is poorly
supported by the FOSS community. If it were mainline then it would
likely get more attention.

Your best bet is to file a Launchpad bug with all of your particulars
(use 'ubuntu-bug linux'), and to perhaps send an email to Realtek.

rtg

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 05-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Marco Sousa

HI,

This error RT8192 it's diferent that this rt2800? Or can be
resolved by the same drivers?

Old 05-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Tim Gardner

On 05/04/2010 05:41 PM, Marco Sousa wrote:
> HI,
>
> This error RT8192 it's diferent that this rt2800? Or can be resolved by the
> same drivers?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/496093

completely different HW and driver.
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 PM

When I 1st added this module to lucid, I had fully tested it to work on my
Lenovo S12. Not sure why it does not work now, let me try it on my lenovo
again to see what is going on.

Cheers
--- manjo

Old 05-05-2010, 10:40 PM

Joshep,

I might have a fix for the problem, can you please open a bug ( using the
command ubuntu-bug linux from a terminal ) and assign it to me? please
test kernel in http://people.ubuntu.com/~manjo/rtl8192se/ its 386 kernel
debs.

rtg, the problem is with the master makefile, after you upgraded the
package you were pointing to rtllib in the wrong direction, so rtllib was
not being built.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Tim Gardner

Manoj,

It makes me wonder why it ever worked, but this version _did_ solve
issues on a Thinkpad T510.

rtg

Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Did that kernel I posted work for you? It works for me on my Asus 1201N, I
have an SRU update on the way, so the next kernel roll out after UDS
should have it if SRU goes through.

Cheers
--- manjo

Done, the bug is 576140. I couldn't figure out how to add more than
one attachment at a time, so the requested info for submitting a bug
is in the comments.

I might have a fix for the problem, can you please open a bug ( using the
command ubuntu-bug linux from a terminal ) and assign it to me? please reply