Old 05-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Bryan Wu

Default fsl-imx51: Turn on CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER option will encounter a linking error

On 05/04/2010 12:02 PM, AceLan Kao wrote:
> Dear Bryan,
>
> Done.

Thanks, For this patch, I'm OK now.

Acked-by: Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@canonical.com>

> And it seems that fsl-imx51 branch doesn't have too much features of
> the ftrace, such as FUNCTION_GRAPH_TRACER, DYNAMIC_FTRACE, MMIOTRACE,
> ... ...
>
> So, we might need to enable the following options for the basic ftrace functions
> CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER=y

Yeah, this one is necessary. Could you please help me to provide a config patch
to turn on this?

> CONFIG_FUNCTION_PROFILER=y

this one is not enabled in our x86 master branch config.

> CONFIG_FTRACE_SELFTEST=y
> CONFIG_FTRACE_STARTUP_TEST=y

These 2 testing configs are not enabled in master either, so it might not be
turned on as default in fsl-imx51.

Maybe we need to go through those FTRACE configs in our UDS-M.

Thanks a lot,
-Bryan