Old 05-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Bryan Wu

Default fsl-imx51: Turn on CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER option will encounter a linking error

On 05/03/2010 03:47 PM, AceLan Kao wrote:
> BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-fsl-imx51/+bug/574158
>
> __gnu_mcount_nc() function is implemented in the commit
> a8a48cd5add67494d96c13718cab36c465863d07 in the Lucid kernel tree,
> we have to cherry pick this commit to make sure the ftrace could be
> compiled and works in the fsl-mx51 branch
>
> I cherry pick this commit and test it on my H/W, the ftrace works,
> please consider to git pull this following patches from:
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/acelan/ubuntu-lucid lp574158
>
> Thanks,

Great, this patch will let us to play with ftrace in fsl-imx51.
And just one comment, could you please add the BugLink info and cherry-pick
comments into this commit? just like this,
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-lucid.git;a=commit;h=29c60ccc1a408371885d79d8f8c08 1fbcb9b10be

And one more question, need we enable the CONFIG_FTRACE_* in fsl-imx51 config?

--
Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@canonical.com>
Kernel Developer +86.138-1617-6545 Mobile