Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Stefan Bader

Default linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z

As many of us now have a distribution which is based on a 2.6.32 kernel but are
forced to update DRM to the version in 2.6.33 to obtain good graphics
experience. In support of this I went ahead and created a tree on kernel.org[1]
which brings together the two and which I will maintain following the upstream
stable trees from Greg. This hopefully will not only be beneficial to us but
also to all that are in the need of running this combination of code.

-Stefan

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git

Old 04-29-2010, 05:12 PM
"Luis R. Rodriguez"

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Stefan Bader
<stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:
> As many of us now have a distribution which is based on a 2.6.32 kernel but are
> forced to update DRM to the version in 2.6.33 to obtain good graphics
> experience. In support of this I went ahead and created a tree on kernel.org[1]
> which brings together the two and which I will maintain following the upstream
> stable trees from Greg. This hopefully will not only be beneficial to us but
> also to all that are in the need of running this combination of code.
>
> -Stefan
>
> [1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git

Great stuff! Thanks for putting this up!

Luis