Old 04-26-2010, 02:27 AM
Robert Hooker

Default 10.04's keyboard did not work under vmware

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 9:42 PM, sniper <s3c24xx@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
> I installed ubuntu10.04-rc in linux version vmware-7.01, but it's
> keyboard did not respond to me. I can't type password to login it.
> What's the problem, it come from vmware, or ubuntu, or host-OS?

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 9:42 PM, sniper <s3c24xx@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
> I installed ubuntu10.04-rc in linux version vmware-7.01, but it's
> keyboard did not respond to me. I can't type password to login it.
> What's the problem, it come from vmware, or ubuntu, or host-OS?

It comes from vmware's easy installer, see this bug

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/console-setup/+bug/548891

I brought it up with a vmware guy a few days ago and he mentioned he
could not reproduce it in the beta and he recommended trying that

http://communities.vmware.com/community/beta/ws

There are many workarounds in the bug though until vmware is fixed.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:36 AM
sniper

Thanks. Got it