Old 04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default ACPI: introduce kernel parameter acpi_sleep=sci_force_enable

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:56:48AM -0700, Kamal Mostafa wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 18:31 +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> > From: Zhang Rui <rui.zhang@intel.com>
> >
> > Introduce kernel parameter acpi_sleep=sci_force_enable
> >

> I think this is a great idea, but how about making the kernel parameter
> able to force the SCI_EN behavior on /or/ force it off? So that if the
> parameter is specified at all then it overrides the dmi-based blacklist
> altogether. I.e. something like acpi_sleep_force_sci=on and
> acpi_sleep_force_sci=off.

As far as I can tell allowing you to force SCI_EN off makes no sense,
the docs define it not being on on return from suspend as 'wrong'.
Therefore I do not see any value in that. As an aside this commit is an
unchanged cherry-pick of the upstream patch.

-apw