Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Brad Figg

Default Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting minutes, 2010-04-20

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/04/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of the meeting.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 20 April, 2010|20100420 Meeting Agenda]]

=== Outstanding actions from last meeting ===
None

=== Release Metrics ===
Release Meeting Bugs (2 bugs, 1 blueprints)
==== Release Targeted Bugs (266 bugs against all packages) ====
* 40 linux kernel bugs
* 1 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs
* 0 linux-ec2 bug
* 1 linux-mvl-dove bugs
=== Milestoned Features ====
* 0 blueprints

==== Bugs with Patches Attached:121 (up 1) ====
* https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on
* Breakdown by status:
http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/

=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (JFo) ===
* [apw] kerneloops -- ensure ubuntu oopses are detected correctly:TODO
* [apw] kerneloops -- move to bugs only coming through launchpad:TODO
* [apw] c-o-d -- we should be building the tip of lucid daily, uploading to pre-proposed:TODO
* [apw] c-o-d -- can we build some bisect points between releases:TODO
* [jeremyfoshee] documentation -- re-organize kernel team wiki pages :INPROGRESS
I hope to have the proposal for the wiki pages out this week.

=== Blueprints: kerne-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw) ===
* I'll note that there's an ftrace/profiling config I(cnd) found last week that would be nice to have, will send patch out when I get a chance
* The only outstanding issue here is the report for ubuntu-devel, not critical, still on my todo list.

=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw) ===
We pushed in a couple of patches to disable kms for i8xx and for ES1000 radeon. I suspect there will be a few more, but they will have to wait till sru now.

=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo) ===
Nothing new this week.

=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen) ===
Fixed a lot of bugs, and apw was nice enough to pull them into lucid. I have patches for a couple other issues to SRU in testing, that I need to open bugs for (reports came in from PLD linux) and I am revising what I hope is the last audit patch for
upstreaming.
also have started looking at Bug #567334.
* Launchpad bug 567334 in linux "apparmor issue delays cloud-init for 240 seconds" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/567334

=== Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf) ===
My lucid specific deliverables are all completed. Put out a pull request on a Lucid-LBM
update of alsa-driver to 1.0.23.

=== Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen) ===
Nothing new this week.

Lucid is all frozen, we have nothing currently planned for upload before releasae.
We are starting to collect things for SRU, but this does mean they will be SRU'd from here on in.

=== Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb) ===
* Dapper: 2.6.15-55.83 (security)
* Hardy: 2.6.24-27.68 (security)
2.6.24-27.69 (proposed)[27] 1/ 3 verifications done (+0)
* Intrepid: 2.6.27-17.46 (security)
* Jaunty: 2.6.28-18.60 (security)
* Karmic: 2.6.31-20.58 (security)
2.6.31-21.59 (proposed)[27] 5/19 verifications done (+3)
- LBM 2.6.31-20.22 (security)
2.6.31-21.23 (proposed)[27] 1/ 2 verifications done (+1)
- mvl-dove 2.6.31-212.26 (security)
2.6.31-213.27 (proposed)[27]
- fsl-imx51 2.6.31-109.25 (security)
2.6.31-111.27 (proposed)[20] 1/ 1 verifications done
- ec2 2.6.31-109.25 (security)
2.6.31-110.26 (proposed)[27]
It might be time to think about releasing Karmic to updates. Will see what the SRU team thinks of it.
While being there I wondered whether there is a better way for rebased topic branches to indicate ack/nack
Currently I could not say whether someone looked at the ec2 in proposed for example, as there is not a bug against it

=== Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo) ===
957 Lucid Bugs
Current regression stats (broken down by release):
==== regression-potential ====
* 311 lucid bugs
==== regression-update ====
* 10 karmic bugs
* 5 jaunty bugs
* 2 intrepid bugs
* 1 hardy bug
==== regression-release ====
* 52 karmic bugs
* 21 jaunty bugs
* 11 intrepid bugs
* 4 hardy bugs
==== regression-proposed (no change) ====
* 1 karmic bug
Please take note of the nearly 1000 lucid bugs, not much else changed.

=== Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo) ===
Nothing to report. The kernel is frozen. Next Bug Day TBA.

=== Open Discussion or Questions ===
I have been made aware of a specific issue. Apport breakage: Users fallback to an older kernel post-update and get an error indicating that the kernel they are using is invalid.
"the problem is: user tries to boot x.y.z-2, it fails, so they boot back to x.y.z-1, and then can't report the bug"
Is anyone aware of a method we can use to address this in the future?

I(kamalm) am working on my first patch submission, which fixes LP: #553498
* Launchpad bug 553498 in linux "Dell Studio 1558 (Arrandale) hangs on resume from suspend" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/553498

--
Brad Figg brad.figg@canonical.com http://www.canonical.com