Old 03-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Erik Pomerantz

Default Grub messed up

Hello All,

I hope this is the right place for this message. I recently installed a third OS (MCNLive, didn't pay attention to how old it was) in addition to XP and Ubuntu 9.04 (easypeasy). Here is the problem, In the Grub installer, it only found the Windows so I added Ubuntu to it specifying that the kernel image was /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30.5-ep0 but not really understanding resume (thinking it was for swap) I specified that it was /dev/sda6. No problem when I got a return error 15 File not found I edited the bootloader straight from Grub changing sda6 to sda5 and get a parse error. I then try again but this time change (hd0,6) to (hd0,5) to both the kernel and initrd and get an error that it can't mount. As of right now I am fresh out of ideas and don't have much if any experience with kernels. I can still mount this partition and access it from another but I would like to boot into Ubuntu. Thanks for any help.

-Erik

Old 03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Luis M

post to ubuntu-users