Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Chris Halse Rogers

Default Nouveau fixes from upstream

These are a couple of patches picked from the nouveau development tree at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6. They're in the for-airlied
branch, so should also make it into 2.6.34.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:50 AM
Stefan Bader

Chris Halse Rogers wrote:
> These are a couple of patches picked from the nouveau development tree at
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6. They're in the for-airlied
> branch, so should also make it into 2.6.34.

Hi Chris,

thanks for the patches. But it seems something went wrong, as I only see 1/3 and
3/3 (what happened to 2/3).
Also a question: will those patches get sent to stable@kernel.org as well? So
the 2.6.33.y branch can pick them up.

Thanks,
Stefan

Old 03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Andy Whitcroft

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 08:50:43AM +0100, Stefan Bader wrote:
> Chris Halse Rogers wrote:
> > These are a couple of patches picked from the nouveau development tree at
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6. They're in the for-airlied
> > branch, so should also make it into 2.6.34.
> >

> Hi Chris,
>
> thanks for the patches. But it seems something went wrong, as I only see 1/3 and
> 3/3 (what happened to 2/3).
> Also a question: will those patches get sent to stable@kernel.org as well? So
> the 2.6.33.y branch can pick them up.

Chatting to Chris on IRC it seems there were only two and git lost its
mind when sending.

-apw

Old 03-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Andy Whitcroft

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:25:54AM +1100, Chris Halse Rogers wrote:
> These are a couple of patches picked from the nouveau development tree at
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6. They're in the for-airlied
> branch, so should also make it into 2.6.34.

Chris ... I had a look for both of these upstream and in the Nouveau tree
you point to here and have as yet been able to find them in either tree.
The first does not appear in either as far as I can tell and the second
seems to have been fixed differently in the upstream code and so I wonder
if we should be following that.

Perhaps you could point me to where you are finding these two.

Thanks.

-apw

Old 03-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Christopher James Halse Rogers

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 16:39 +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:25:54AM +1100, Chris Halse Rogers wrote:
> > These are a couple of patches picked from the nouveau development tree at
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6. They're in the for-airlied
> > branch, so should also make it into 2.6.34.
>
> Chris ... I had a look for both of these upstream and in the Nouveau tree
> you point to here and have as yet been able to find them in either tree.
> The first does not appear in either as far as I can tell and the second
> seems to have been fixed differently in the upstream code and so I wonder
> if we should be following that.
>
> Perhaps you could point me to where you are finding these two.

The first is here [1] and second is here[2] although that diff doesn't
quite apply cleanly to our kernel as we don't have this commit [3] which
is cosmetic. The second patch just applies the changes to nv04_fbcon
from our kernel; the result is the same.

[1]:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/commit/?h=for-airlied&id=e5ec882cfc18007c6076236ac33a713bcc1d35a a
[2]:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/commit/?h=for-airlied&id=c82b88d578847909797945824851a6a9a84f9c2 0
[3]:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/commit/?h=for-airlied&id=3bfc7d22d0400e85a93e835d4398dcbe0af68b0 b

Old 03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Andy Whitcroft

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:36:27AM +1100, Christopher James Halse Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 16:39 +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:25:54AM +1100, Chris Halse Rogers wrote:
> > > These are a couple of patches picked from the nouveau development tree at
> > > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6. They're in the for-airlied
> > > branch, so should also make it into 2.6.34.
> >
> > Chris ... I had a look for both of these upstream and in the Nouveau tree
> > you point to here and have as yet been able to find them in either tree.
> > The first does not appear in either as far as I can tell and the second
> > seems to have been fixed differently in the upstream code and so I wonder
> > if we should be following that.
> >
> > Perhaps you could point me to where you are finding these two.
> >
> The first is here [1] and second is here[2] although that diff doesn't
> quite apply cleanly to our kernel as we don't have this commit [3] which
> is cosmetic. The second patch just applies the changes to nv04_fbcon
> from our kernel; the result is the same.
>
> [1]:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/commit/?h=for-airlied&id=e5ec882cfc18007c6076236ac33a713bcc1d35a a
> [2]:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/commit/?h=for-airlied&id=c82b88d578847909797945824851a6a9a84f9c2 0
> [3]:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/commit/?h=for-airlied&id=3bfc7d22d0400e85a93e835d4398dcbe0af68b0 b

Now I see whats going on. Seems that anongit.f.o/... has different
contents from cgit.f.o ... now that sucks. Now I can see them. Thanks
for the pointers.

-apw