Old 03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Peter Matulis

Default Process & threads - Karmic vs past kernels

Can anyone tell me whether the Karmic kernel has implemented a different
way of what it considers a process (as opposed to threads)?

I have a situation where CPU load is zero on Karmic but considerably
higher in Jaunty and earlier.

The scenario is a single java process with many threads. The system has
4 cores and only one java process should logically produce a negligible
CPU load but why was this not the case with earlier kernels? Has
something changed in Karmic that would explain what I'm seeing?

--
Peter Matulis | GPG 34F740E8
Ubuntu Support Team | Canonical Ltd. (canonical.com)