Old 03-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Chase Douglas

Default Please upload new firmware packages for dvb-fe-cx24116.fw fix

The dvb-fe-cx24116.fw file contained in the current linux-firmware*
packages since Jaunty (well, since before then, but Intrepid support is
almost out) is corrupted [1]. Furthermore, a newer firmware version,
which according to one user works better, is available and works in
Lucid. Details on firmware versions can be found at [2].

The following firmware versions have been selected:

Jaunty: 1.22.82.0
Karmic: 1.22.82.0
Lucid: 1.26.90.0

I requested input from the mythtv-users and linux-media mailing lists. I
only received responses on the mythtv-users mailing list, and these
firmware versions were tested to work well for the respective releases.

The new source packages may be found at:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~cndougla/linux-firmware-nonfree/

Thanks,
Chase

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/363682
[2] http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000

Old 03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Tim Gardner

On 03/08/2010 09:14 AM, Chase Douglas wrote:
> The dvb-fe-cx24116.fw file contained in the current linux-firmware*
> packages since Jaunty (well, since before then, but Intrepid support is
> almost out) is corrupted [1]. Furthermore, a newer firmware version,
> which according to one user works better, is available and works in
> Lucid. Details on firmware versions can be found at [2].
>
> The following firmware versions have been selected:
>
> Jaunty: 1.22.82.0
> Karmic: 1.22.82.0
> Lucid: 1.26.90.0
>
> I requested input from the mythtv-users and linux-media mailing lists. I
> only received responses on the mythtv-users mailing list, and these
> firmware versions were tested to work well for the respective releases.
>
> The new source packages may be found at:
>
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~cndougla/linux-firmware-nonfree/
>
> Thanks,
> Chase
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/363682
> [2] http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000

I think you need to write SRU justifications for Jaunty/Karmic in the
bug report. I uploaded all 3 packages, but changed the version numbers
on Jaunty/Karmic so as to avoid version collisions with existing
packages in the archive.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com