Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 PM
fpaolo63

Default CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS -- deprecated ?

Hi guys,
looking Bug #488274, I understood that usbfs is deprecated.

Now I'm using some HW tools based on FTDI 2232 running in BitBang mode.
The FTDI D2XX driver is based on usbfs ( libftd2xx.so.0.4.1x ).

In order to continue to use Ubuntu, I have 2 options: make my own kernel
or find different way instead of usbfs.

Could you help me suggesting something?

Thanks

Regards