Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Amit Kucheria

Default Upcoming Kernel - MultiTouchScreen Support

Hi Thomas,

I'm forwarding this to the kernel-team mailing list so other developers can
also comment.

Regards,
Amit

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Winteler <info@win-soft.ch> -----

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:26:56 +0100
From: Thomas Winteler <info@win-soft.ch>
To: amit.kucheria@ubuntu.com
Subject: Upcoming Kernel - MultiTouchScreen Support

Good Morning Mr. Amit Kucheria

Thank you for your time, reading my eMail.

The new Hardware on the market offer MultiTouchScreens, like the Netbook
from ASUS:
ASUS EEE PC T91MT
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=KIqtSJ1aVsmVpeqS

I found some information in ASUS's Support Forum and found also a Linux
Driver Builder.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20091214162901203&SLanguage=en-us&page=2&board_id=20&model=Eee%20PC%20T91MT

ENAC Interactive computing laboratory HowTo
http://lii-enac.fr/en/projects/shareit/linux-howto.html

Drivers from ENAC
http://lii-enac.fr/en/projects/shareit/linux.html

MosArt MT Driver for ASUS's T91MT
http://lii-enac.fr/en/projects/shareit/multitouch-devices.html
- --> MosArt

The Problem on this thing is, that the Kernel needs to be patched and
recompiled to get it running.

I have done some tests but without success, cause Kernel compiling is
not really simple for normal Users ... I'm a developer (Web, Mobile)
but not a Kernel developer...

Thats why i'm contacting you, as Ubuntu Kernel Engineer.

I have Information from Stéphane Chatty (chatty@enac.fr) that the
Drivers won't probably be included before 2.6.34.

Is there any way, that the parts in above HowTo can be integrated in
current and upcoming Ubuntu Kernel's?

I don't know how's the way to 2.6.34 and how long does it take, that it
is available for Ubuntu, but the MultiTouchScreen's are now out.. so you
know what i mean.

By the way, my IRC Nickname is noaXess and i'm daily in #kubuntu.

Thank you very much for your response.

Kind regards from Switzerland.

http://www.lin-soft.ch - http://www.mytool.ch
Win-Soft, Business IT eXpert - Thomas Winteler
Business Web-, Netzwerk- und Linux Lösungen nach Mass
http://www.win-soft.ch, http://www.lin-soft.ch
info@win-soft.ch, Tel: +41 71 923 0120
Hintere Bahnhofstrasse 2, CH-9602 Bazenheid SG
sent with © mozilla thunderbird - www.getthunderbird.com

----- End forwarded message -----