Old 03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default SRU: Disable 4MB page tables for Atom, work around errata AAE44

We have been having a lot of reports of issues with the Atom, random
behaviour, slow boots and other oddness such as clock instability.
A number of these have been resolved with mem=nopentium. While these
are investigated it seems prudent to assume that this issue is more wide
spread than we had expected in Lucid. It therefore seems sensible to
apply this to Lucid as well. Note I have done some boot performance
testing on the boot-speed reference platform and it appears that if
anything we gain slightly with this change.

Applied to Lucid.

-apw