Old 03-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Chase Douglas

Default Fix intel gfx screen after lid closure

As discussed in bug 488328, the current Lucid kernel will fail to bring back
the screen after lid closure on some intel graphics chips. This patch has been
tested as a fix for the issue. The patch was sent upstream, but the fix was
questioned as to whether it was a fix for the "right" bug. It appears that
further upstream development will take place to fix this issue correctly, but
in the meantime we need this fix for Lucid.

--
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c | 2 --

Old 03-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Andy Whitcroft

As this is unlikely to be the upstream form it should be an UBUNTU:
SAUCE: patch probabally. It seems that the symptoms are pretty severe
so we probabally want some fix here. I think we should take this with
the expectation we replace it with the right fix as soon as we can.
Added commentry to the patch to that effect.

Applied to Lucid.

-apw